Being a Rahmaniac, isn’t it always curious for us to know what songs Rahman used to hear. Now, its the time to list down the favorite tracks of A R Rahman in different genres. From International Pop to Ghazals and from Fusions to Own compositons, here comes the Musical Mantra of the Maestro.
In Indi Pop, Rahman’s all time favorite is Breathless. According to him “The song is well sung by Shankar Mahadevan and also beautifully composed”. Next comes Rabbi’s Bulla Ki Jaana in the list. Rahman adds ” The song sound different to the ear’s…..nice”. Then in the list comes his favorite Sufi singer Kailash Kher’s song Saiyyan. “Kailash is a good artiste and this is one of his better works.”
In International Pop, Bohemian Rhapsody of Queen is an all time favorite of Rahman. Then Rahman often listens to the sweet, hummable track “Time to say good bye” by Sarah Bright man and Andrea Bocelli.
Kate Bush track “Oh to be in Love” makes Rahman for great listening, anytime, every time.
When it comes to Fusion, Colonial Cousins first self titled album tops Rahman’s list for its compostion. Then comes the album Conversations “A Brilliant effort by L Subrahmanium” he adds. Rahman is addicted to Ilayaraja’s album “How to name it” and according to him its a must hear for all Ilayaraja Fans and even if you are not one
- Aaj jaane ki zid na karo : A classic master piece by Farida Khanum
- Beyond time : Its a fantastic album by Jagjit Singh, hard to pick just one song
- Reflections : I like Hariharans Voice
- If I fall in love it will be better : A nat king kole kopper, you need to listen to the lyrics carefully. They are loaded with meaning
- Where do i Begin : This song from Love story was scored by Francis Lai and penned by Carl Sigman. Its one of my most loved songs.
- I’ll always love you : I adore Whitney Houstons Voice
BOMBAY MOVIE COMPOSTIONS
- Kal ho naa ho : It was beautifully rendered by Sonu Nigam and composed by Shankar Ehsan Loy. Fantastic !
- Tum se hi ~ Jab we met : I love Mohit Chauhan’s voice and Pritam’s compostion. It touches the soul. I like humming it.
- Ankhon mein teri ~ Om shanti Om : Well written by Vishal Dadlani and fabulously composed by him and Shekhar together.